Submissions to Write Shoot Cut are FREE and continuously open so what are you waiting for?
The rules are simple:
- All genres are welcome.
- Drama, Documentary, Experimental, Music Video, Art Film and so on are welcome.
- Films must not exceed 20 minutes running time (films for The Weekender must not exceed 120 minutes).
- The reviewers will be looking for films that catch their eye. It could be because they tell a great story, they are technically brilliant, they are interesting or innovative, they show real passion from those involved, they have a great story behind them or they just made us laugh/squirm/cry/scared.
- Films do not have to have had funding or the highest production values, we are just looking for good films that an audience would want to see.
- Not all films will be selected for screening and unfortunately feedback cannot be given on unsuccessful submissions.
- Unfortunately we cannot respond to every submission. If we wish to screen your film, we will contact you.
- Films will be selected by how they fit into a programme and may be played further down the line if suitable.
- Write Shoot Cut would also like to discuss showcasing films/filmmakers on the blog should their films be selected.
There are two ways you can submit:
- Via Vimeo Private Video Link. Upload your film to Vimeo, make it private with a password. Send the link and password to email@example.com If we select the film you will then need to send us a video file or DVD.
- Via Dropbox or WeTransfer by emailing your film’s download link to firstname.lastname@example.org. Files accepted are Quicktime, WMV, Mp4.
We only screen films from video file and accept no other formats.
We look forward to watching your work!