The properties of hemp have been known since ancient times. This plant has been used since the dawn of history as a panacea for many ailments. Hemp, unlike marijuana, does not contain the narcotic substance THC, so it cannot be intoxicated. However, the secret of their strong therapeutic properties is another natural ingredient – cannabidiol for short called CBD.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or CBD, is one of over 80 compounds from the group of molecules called cannabinoids, and one of over 480 compounds naturally found in cannabis. Of these substances, CBD and THC are found in the highest concentrations in cannabis, which is why they are the most recognizable and best researched.
CBD is a legal and the most important active substance in medical marijuana and cannabis, with a very broad spectrum of activity. Of the several hundred substances found in cannabis, CBD has the strongest health properties.oil CBD hempis non-psychoactive and can be used as an all-round therapeutic agent without fear of altering consciousness. Cannabidiol (CBD), unlike THC, does not cause side effects, is not intoxicating and is not addictive.
CBD is a completely safe ingredient in hemp that mimics the effects of naturally occurring substances in the human body. Substances with a similar effect and chemical structure can be found in the body of every human being, and even in breast milk. Cannabidiol is perfectly tolerated by the human body, and its overdose is impossible. CBD is a plant oil found in nature only in hemp.
Therapeutic properties of cannabidiol (CBD):
Neuroactive and neuroprotective – fights neurodegenerative and mental disorders, regenerates nerve cells in the body, stimulates the nervous system, prevents and prevents neurodegeneration, has a relaxing and antispastic effect.
Anticancer – attacks and destroys cancer cells, inhibits cancer cell multiplication. leads to apoptosis, i.e. suicide of cancer cells.
Antioxidant – reduces oxidative stress, slows down and prevents the aging of cells and tissues, supports the body’s natural defenses, protects against free radicals.
Anti-inflammatory – inhibits the inflammatory process, fights inflammation, prevents inflammation.
Painkillers – relieves pain, softens and eliminates pain throughout the body used both internally and externally
Antipsychotic – sobering and purified mind, combats anxiety and psychosis, calms and soothes, relaxes and relaxing facilitates sleep and ensure good sleep
Antiemetic – reduces nausea and vomiting, stimulates thirst and appetite, affects the proper metabolism of the body
Antibacterial – has strong bactericidal propertiesbacteria and prevents their reproduction, slows down their growth
, killsAntifungal – prevents the development of fungal diseases, kills mold and fungi
Antiallergic – soothes and eliminates allergy symptoms,
Immunological – stimulates the body’s natural immunity, stimulates the state of homeostasis
Dermatological – accelerates wound healing, fights skin diseases, rejuvenates the epidermis
How does CBD work?
The reason cannabis works so well against so many ailments and diseases is because of the endocannabinoid system, the central hub for the health and proper functioning of almost every organism in the world. Cannabidiol stimulates the nerve cells, harmonizing and regulating the processes taking place in the organisms. CBD is responsible for the correct course of the basic physiological processes of the human body; such as appetite, thirst, movement, memory, sleep or pain sensation. CBD and other cannabinoids are the plant equivalents of the human endocannabinoids 2-AG and Anandamide. They mimic their action by stimulating the CB1 and CB2 cannabinoid receptors. Cannabinoid receptors are found in all areas of the body, from bone marrow to skin, and are most found in the most innervated areas. As a result, the pharmacological effect of CBD can be felt almost immediately after application.
Natural CBD for Health
CBD is not psychoactive and therefore not suitable for recreational use. However, its properties are of interest to doctors precisely for this reason. Thanks to the wide spectrum of interactions on many levels, its therapeutic possibilities are almost unlimited. The list of diseases for which it helps is really long, because most of them are caused by a deficiency of CBD and other cannabinoids naturally occurring only in cannabis and our bodies. Limiting access to cannabis in the 20th century had a significant impact on the deterioration of health in many societies.
CBD preparations are used in the treatment of most civilization and neurological diseases. Cannabidiol has a beneficial pharmacological effect on both the body and mind of the user.
Indications for the use of natural CBD obtained from hemp are, among others: cancer, epilepsy, autism, multiple sclerosis, Lyme disease, parkinson, alzheimer’s, depression, dementia, anxiety, panic attacks, anxiety, schizophrenia, insomnia, pain, migraines, asthma, glaucoma, diabetes, rheumatism, RA, osteoporosis, atherosclerosis, inflammation, Chron’s disease, addictions, anorexia, allergies, stress and many others.
Natural CBD provides much better therapy results than conventional synthetic agents, but unlike them, it has no side effects. Therefore, it is appreciated by a growing group of doctors, but above all by patients for whom conventional medicine has proved ineffective.
Cannabidiolic acid – CBDA
CBDA is a precursor to CBD that has distinct therapeutic properties. Cannabidiol acid (CBDA) has a similar chemical structure to THC, but like cannabidiol, it has no side effects, is not intoxicating or addictive, and is completely legal. Scientific research so far shows that the main features of raw CBDA are strong anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer (anti-proliferative) properties.
The combination of CBD and CBDA as well as other cannabinoids and terpenes provides a synergistic effect, enhancing and enhancing the effects of hemp oil, especially in inflammatory diseases and cancer.
How to use CBD?
Cannabidiol is also a strong and mild medicinal substance that can bring very positive health effects when used on the body not only of humans but also animals. But how do you use CBD to get the best possible effect in your case? Thereways to consumeplants CBD from are many, you should choose one of them depending on the desired result. The most important of them are described below:
- CBD drops or paste orally under the tongue – the most popular and used method of CBD administration. Liquid oil allows you to precisely regulate the dose to the drops. It ensures high bioavailability and quick absorption, so the effects of taking are visible within 15 minutes at the latest. Probably the most beneficial method from the point of view of human physiology, where some CBD is absorbed through the mucosa of the tongue directly into the bloodstream, and some is metabolized in the liver after ingestion.
- enteric-CBD capsules in the form of capsules guarantee the convenience of use and an accurately measured dose. However, the effect is felt no sooner than 30 minutes after taking it, depending on the body’s metabolic rate. The entire dose is metabolized.
- inhalation of herbs and / or CBD crystals – for inhalation, special devices called inhalers or vaporizers are used, which heat CBD and other substances to the appropriate temperature, which releases them in the form of vapor. The inhaler prevents combustion so no tar is released, which eliminates the risk of smoke damage as in the case of regular smoking. The absorption of cannabinoids by inhalation is most efficient, direct and practically immediate, so you can feel the effect of CBD within a few minutes after application, but it is not metabolized in the digestive system.
- CBD cosmetics for the skin – like any other CBD substance, it can also be used externally on the skin. The absorption and permeability through the skin is certainly not as high as in the case of other methods, because the skin is a certain barrier, but it is justified in the case of topical application. In this way, CBD penetrates directly into the lesion and to a lesser extent into the blood.
- CBD suppositories rectally – one of the least frequently used methods, mainly due to the inconvenience of application. Suppositories, thanks to their high bioavailability, guarantee quick absorption into the blood, but bypassing metabolism in the digestive system. The method is more often used by the youngest users, such as children, and / or where there are contraindications to oral application.